Ministry Position: Youth Ministries Coordinator, First Baptist Church of Springfield (FBCS)
PURPOSE: To nurture the Christian growth of middle and high school young adults in accordance with the mission of First Baptist Church of Springfield.
- Personal commitment to Jesus and to growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Leadership experience in youth ministries.
- Self-starter who is able to organize well and to envision and create effective programming and ministry.
- Positive role model who enjoys being with Middle and High School aged youth.
- Background and values consistent with effective and sensitive ministry in this American Baptist Church.
- Capacity to work closely and cooperatively with youth, parents and others.
- Provide planned and purposeful leadership for a weekly youth group program addressing the needs of middle and high school teens. (3 hours)
- Develop and nurture on-going personal contact with youth. (5 hours)
- Provide leadership and support for educational and spiritual growth opportunities for students on Sunday mornings. (1.5 hours)
- Participate in Sunday worship celebrations and provide leadership as planned. (1.5 hours)
- Planning, preparation, purposeful office hours. (5 hours)
(Above hours: 16 hours/week)
- Plan and carry out monthly group activities for and with youth (outings, parties, recreational events, etc.), while remaining within a budget. Minimum: One activity per month. (4 hours/month average)
- Promote and take part in networked youth events (making strategic use of publicity, recruitment and fund raising). (2 hours/month average)
- Recruit, train and engage parents and adult volunteers to provide share leadership in the ministry. (8 hours/month average)
- Establish and sustain open communication and information sharing with youth, their parents, and the congregation utilizing multiple communication platforms. (2 hours/month average)
(Monthly hours equal 4 hours/week)
- Responsible to the senior pastor.
- Works cooperatively with the pastor, youth & Training ministry team in planning and carrying out collaborative and effective youth ministries that complement and strengthen the whole of FBCS life.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- 20 Hours per week at an hourly rate of $14.
- One week paid vacation annually (after first twelve months of employment). Vacation days will not accumulate beyond December 31 each year.
- Ten sick days per year. In the event that sick days exceed 10, vacation may be used or the time off will be without pay. Sick leave will not accumulate beyond December 31 each year.
Please provide a resume and letter of interest to the First Baptist Church of Springfield, 1175 G Street, Springfield, OR 97477 and/or to our Email address: email@example.com